Evochron Mercenary Forum
A new one on the horizon
The new Project is a new Game completely. Basic flight dynamics will be the same
as in Mercenary tho.
A few points about the game:
- Clan fights are no more! Instead there is an ongoing battle between the Alliance and
the Federation. You pick a side for your profile.
- Combat is a bit different, energy management is more important.
- New ship designs. Ohh my are they beautiful!!!
- Wildlife added to planets.
- Planets are MUCH bigger.
- Now you build stations with modules. You design the look of it and you can
even add defense turrets.
- Guess what, you can also build cities now!
- And even better, all stations and cities can be destroyed.
- Taking over territories are done with fighting, not doing contracts!
- Lots of more contracts to do, even catching birds can be done!
- Engineering Lab is added. Now you can build stuff and install on your ship.
- Lots of more parameters to play with when building your ship.
- Not all stuff can be bought. Some are "secret" and must be found.
- Blueprints for cool stuff can be bought from AI pilots or found hidden in crates etc.
- All new Quest system. You can chose between quests as much as you like.
Fail/win option in the quests as well (different paths)
One of my first test with the new contracts was a planet screaming for help.
Asteroids where about to hit the surface. I took the contract and jumped in!
There I found some asteroids .... wait a minute, they are moving towards the
atmosphere!!!!! I had to blow them up before any of them hit the ground.
Once I destroyed the first one, the rest hit the atmosphere and started burning.
I couldn't see anything for all the smoke and my jaw just dropped in amazement.
The result, I failed!! I forgot to shoot the rest of them LOL!
And YES, if they hit a city, some or all of it will be destroyed!! Not to worry, YOU can
There is no ETA on release yet, but rest a sure, it will be the best game I've ever played.
Actually, in Alpha it already is the best I've seen!